PGA High School Counseling Department
Announcements & News
Packapalooza - Alvernia University - posted 1/27/23
Saturday, February 18th - 8:00am - 4:00pm Reading Campus
Our first event of the spring is Packapalooza! The purpose of this event is to provide students and their families with all the information they need to make an enrollment decision. This event is offered to juniors, seniors and their families to attend any of the various sessions of their choice, as well as the different tours being offered. They can tour the residence halls, meet their professors, eat in the dining hall, get some free AU swag, and so much more! Throughout the day, the office of Student Financial Services will be on campus for walk-in appointments to help students complete and file the FAFSA. We will also be offering sessions exploring the Career Development Center, the Honors Program, and more!
- Financing Your Education Workshop and FASFA Completions
- The Student-Athlete Experience Workshop
- Housing 101
- Campus Tours including Coffee with the President
- Parent to Parent and Student to Student Sessions
- Mission, Service and Study Abroad Panels
- Honors, Research and Career Development Panels
- Food trucks, apparel and other giveaways
To register or for more information CLICK HERE!
College/University Visiting- updated 1/18
Interested in going to college? Want more information on a specific college? Stop in the Counseling Office to sign up for the specific college/universities visiting our school! The following Colleges/Universities have scheduled to visit:
-Universal Technical Institute (UTI): Wed, Feb. 1st during 2nd period
-Penn State Schuylkill: Mon, Feb. 6th during 3rd period **JUST ADDED
-Marywood University: Mon, Mar. 6 during 4th period **JUST ADDED
University of Delaware Edge-Summer Program - posted 1/3/23
The UD Edge summer college program prepares high school students moving into their junior or senior year for a future as a successful college student. By emphasizing academic excellence, practical skill building and student leadership, Edge offers you the challenge, independence and excitement of a learning experience that can only be found at a top national university.
From July 9 – 29, 2023 you will:
- Live with other talented Edge students from around the world in a residence hall located on UD's beautiful Newark campus
- Take a college-level course of your choice, taught by UD faculty members, for up to six transferable credits
- Participate in a college readiness workshop led by experienced college admissions professionals, where you will gain insight into the college application process, including how to create a competitive college essay
- Engage with UD staff and undergraduate students to learn from their stories of personal growth, resilience, leadership and success
- Take part in a variety of cultural experiences that allow students to build friendships and understand the value of living in a diverse academic community
How To Apply
The application for Edge 2023 is now open. Please complete the following steps by May 15, 2023:
✓ Submit the online application, essay and the $60 application fee. Application fee waivers will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please email email@example.com for more information.
✓ Submit an unofficial copy of your high school transcript
✓ Have a teacher, mentor or school counselor submit a letter of recommendation
College Search Step-by-Step
You Can Find Colleges That Are Right For You!
Although there's no magic formula for choosing a college, you can start by asking yourself some questions that help most students find the right fit.
Use the Collegeboard guide to:
It's your journey. We're just here to help you get started. CLICK HERE!